Today we are living longer, healthier, more active lives yet visible signs of ageing are still an inevitable truth. Due to advancements in facial plastic surgery we no longer have to accept the visible signs of aging as a measure of growing old. We can’t stop the ageing process but facial rejuvenation surgery can restore a more vibrant appearance reflective of our youthful lifestyle.
Common concerns in patients seeking Facial Rejuvenation
- Your face makes you look older or more tired than you feel
- Excess skin caused by ageing or weight loss
- Hanging and loose skin around your jaw and neck
- A sagging face and deep folds in your skin
Am I ready for Face Lifting Surgery?
Face lift surgery, or Facial Rejuvenation surgery, is an ideal solution for both men and women who want to look closer to the age they feel. Commonly, patients often hold the skin around their jaw line to reenact what a facelift would look like. If you enjoy this tighter appearance you may be ready for facial rejuvenation surgery. Dr. Choroomi has extensive knowledge and experience in both deep-plane face and neck lifting, a technique reserved for only the most skilled surgeons. These procedures can restore a more youthful and vibrant appearance by tightening wrinkles, elevating cheeks and providing contour to your jawline.
Face Lift consultation with Dr Choroomi
Your facial anatomy is unique and distinctive, therefor all surgical treatments must be individually customised to match your aesthetic needs and desires. During your facial rejuvenation consultation Dr Choroomi will:
- Examine your facial frame and skin texture.
- Listen to your concerns and cosmetic objectives.
- Discuss why you desire facial rejuvenation surgery, including expectations and desired outcomes.
- Explain the surgical procedure and recovery.
- Review your treatment options and answer and any questions.
Photography and digital imaging can be performed to give you an idea of what your jawline and neck may look like after facial rejuvenation surgery.
How is a Face Lift performed?
Dr Choroomi’s preferred technique for facial rejuvenation surgery is an extended deep plane face lift. This novel approach to face lifting targets both the skin and deeper soft tissue layers to create a smooth, natural appearance. Other face lifting procedures rely solely on the skin to lift and hold the tissues in place, often resulting in a pulled back, tethered look.
The incision for a deep-plane face lift is hidden around the ear. After the deep tissues are elevated and repositioned in a natural position, excess skin is trimmed and meticulously sutured for an un-operated appearance. Deep plane facial rejuvenation surgery provides a longer lasting result from other methods. This unique method will not change the overall look or character of your face but it will leave you looking like a younger, refreshed version of yourself.
Recovery After Face Lift Surgery
During your preoperative appointment, Dr Choroomi will provide you with specific post-operative instructions. Although the results of your face lift can be seen almost immediately, the recovery time is approximately 2 weeks. During this time you can expect:
- A tight bandage placed around your head for 1-2 days
- Minor pain lasting 1-2 days
- Minor swelling will improve gradually
- Numbness around the ears
- Bruising around the jawline and sides of the face
Sutures will be removed after 8 days and you may typically resume physical activity after 2 weeks. Dr. Choroomi will schedule follow up appointments to monitor and assess your recovery following facial rejuvenation surgery.
Non-Surgical Alternatives to Face Lift Surgery
For patients not ready for a surgical face lift procedure, Dr Choroomi performs an injectable face lift to restore natural volume where it has been lost, creating a ‘tightening’ effect to the skin. This treatment can lift, plump, fill in, smooth and re-contour the face with a combination of dermal fillers and anti-wrinkling injectables. Injectable treatments are temporary and results will need to be maintained.
Common Surgical Combinations
Patients have found that facelift surgery can provide dramatic results, especially when combined with other facial rejuvenation procedures.
- Neck Lift. A face lift will address the jawline, however, patients with significant sagging skin in their neck may benefit from a combination neck lift and face lift.
- Eyelid Surgery is performed to address aged eyelids characterised by excess drooping skin, wrinkles and puffy bags. It may involve the upper eyelids, lower eyelids, or both.
- Brow Lift surgery can be combined with a neck lift to correct sagging skin in the forehead, upper eyelids and eyebrows.
- Cheek or Chin Augmentation maybe performed in combination with face lift surgery to enhance and restore balance to your face.
- Mid-Face Lift Surgery. A standard deep plane face lift will address the mid-face however patients with significant sagging or heavy cheeks may benefit from the added elevation of a mid-face lift.
- Rhinoplasty in combination with a face lift can restore a more youthful appearance by changing the aesthetic shape of your nose.