Patients are often concerned with visible signs of aging which appears around the eyes and on the forehead. As the forehead and eyebrows descend with age, the result can leave you with a fatigued and angry look. Brow lifting is a surgical procedure aimed to naturally elevate the brow, opening the eyes for a more vibrant appearance. This procedure can also correct wrinkles on the forehead and create a more pleasing shape and arch to the brows themselves.
Common Concerns in patients seeking a Brow Lift
- Drooping brows
- Asymmetry of the brow line
- Excess skin on the upper eyelid causing vision problems
- Heavy feeling in the eyebrows and upper eyelids
- Deep forehead lines
Am I ready for a Brow Lift?
Patients seek brow lift surgery to correct drooping eyebrows and improve deep forehead lines. Many patients have enjoyed the lifted appearance from anti-wrinkle injections and desire a more permanent alternative. Dr Choroomi typically performs surgery on patients ranging from 40-70 years of age, however younger patients with inherited conditions may consider this procedure earlier to improve their quality of life. During your consultation, Dr Choroomi can objectively help you decide if brow lift surgery is a fit for you.
Brow Lift Consultation with Dr Choroomi
Your facial anatomy is unique therefor surgical treatment must be individually customized to match your aesthetic needs and desires.
During your initial brow lift consultation, Dr. Choroomi will:
- Measure and evaluate your forehead, eyes and overall facial structure.
- Listen to all concerns you have.
- Discuss why you desire a brow lift, including expectations and desired outcomes.
- Walk you through the brow lift procedure and recovery.
- Answer any questions you may have.
If brow lifting surgery is right for you, Dr Choroomi will develop a treatment plan that produces natural-appearing results whilst maintaining harmony between the upper, mid and lower parts of your face. Photography and digital imaging may be performed to give you an idea of what you will look like after brow lift surgery.
General Brow Lift Procedure
Dr Choroomi’s preferred method for forehead rejuvenation is an Endoscopic Brow Lift. Performed under general anesthesia, this modern technique is less invasive than traditional approaches, reducing post-operative pain and recovery time.
- 3-5 tiny incisions are made along the upper part of the forehead, within the hairline.
- A surgical endoscope (fiber optic camera) is inserted into one of the incisions to help identify underlying structures of the face and avoid nerves.
- Specialized curved tools are used to separate the forehead tissue and ligaments from the skull, smoothing the appearance of the area.
- The skin is slightly lifted and secured at a higher, natural position. In some cases, a conservative amount of loose skin may be removed to achieve the desired result.
- A bandage is placed around the head and left for 1-2 days to protect against infection.
Recovery after Brow Lift Surgery
During your pre-operative appointment, Dr Choroomi will provide you with specific post-operative instructions. Even though brow lifting results can be seen almost immediately, the recovery time is approximately 2 weeks. During this time you can expect:
- A tight bandage placed around your head for 1-2 days
- Swelling which may last 1-2 weeks
- Minor headache due to forehead tightness which may be relieved with medication
- Mild numbness in the forehead and around the eye that may last a week
Sutures are removed 7-10 days after surgery. Patients may typically resume work and physical activity 2 weeks after brow lifting surgery.
Non-Invasive Alternatives to Brow Lift Surgery
Anti-Wrinkle Injectables. Patients who are not yet ready for the full rejuvenation of a brow lift can find relief from anti-wrinkle injections. This non-invasive procedure can reduce forehead lines and ‘lift’ the eyebrows. As this treatment is only temporary, ongoing maintenance will need to be maintained. During your consultation, Dr. Choroomi will discuss both surgical and non-surgical options to best achieve your desired outcomes.
Brow Lifts are often performed in combination with:
- Face Lift Surgery: A deep-plane face lift can be combined to provide a smoother, younger overall appearance to the face.
- Neck Lift surgery can restore shape, balance and definition to a neck that has been affected by age and gravity.
- Eyelid Surgery is performed to address aged eyelids characterized by excess drooping skin, wrinkles and puffy bags. It may involve the upper eyelids, lower eyelids, or both.
- Cheek or Chin Augmentation maybe performed in combination to enhance and restore balance to your face.